What is an SHPEP Ambassador?
An SHPEP Ambassador is a former participant who volunteers to recruit eligible applicants to the program.
How do I become an SHPEP Ambassador?
- Email the 2016 SHPEP Ambassador Application and your resume to email@example.com.
- The application will be open from September 1 – October 1.
What does an Ambassador do?
The program expectations for a SHPEP Ambassador are:
- Recruit eligible participants to the program.
- Participate in and/or host campus outreach activities.
- Work with pre-health advisors to share information about the program.
- Share your experience with eligible participants.
- Submit the SHPEP Recruitment and Outreach Checklist.
As you recruit students for SHPEP, instruct them to enter your ambassador identifier in the “Who Referred You?” section of their application. This is the only way the National Program Office (NPO) can track the number of applicants you are responsible for recruiting.
The top three SHPEP Ambassadors who recruit the most students by the application deadline will be awarded a contribution to offset the costs related to a health professions conference, preparation courses for graduate exams or other school-related expenses. Documentation of the expense must be provided to the NPO.
SHPEP Ambassadors who successfully meet the expectations of the program will receive a certificate of service and a letter of appreciation from the NPO.
Becoming an Ambassador offers other valuable professional development opportunities such as:
- Public speaking
- Resume building experience
We value our scholars and hope that you will join us by becoming an SHPEP Ambassador!