It can take up to 10 business days to process application materials. Please consider each institution’s transcript request processing time and the expected time of delivery to Washington, DC when estimating the total number of days it may take to process your transcripts.
One official transcript is required from each U.S., U.S. Territorial, or Canadian post-secondary institution at which you have attempted coursework, regardless of whether credit was earned. This includes, but is not limited to:
- College-level courses attempted while in high school, even if they were not counted toward a degree by any college
- Colleges at which you originally attempted a course, even if transfer credit was subsequently accepted by another school
- Colleges where you registered but did not earn any credit (e.g., incompletes, withdrawals, failures, audits, etc.)
- Courses that did not count toward a degree, regardless of whether credit was earned or transferred
- Extension programs through which you attempted courses, if a separate transcript is provided by the Extension Division
- Correspondence and home-study programs
- Military coursework
- US., U.S. Territorial, and Canadian program sites
- American colleges and universities abroad
Official transcripts must be sent directly by the institution. The National Program Office (NPO) receives transcripts via email and mail:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: SHPEP, 655 K St. NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC 20001-2399
All official transcripts must be postmarked/time stamped by the deadline, February 5th, 2021. Transcripts received with a later postmark date will not be processed.
Important information before you have your transcript sent:
Transcripts will be deemed unofficial and will not be processed by the NPO if one of the following occurs:
- Transcripts forwarded/emailed in by the applicant, even if they are still sealed.
- Transcripts issued to the applicant, another institution, or any other recipient.
Please include a Transcript Matching Form with each transcript whenever possible.
Before requesting a transcript, please ensure that it is accurate and that all coursework to date is listed, any narrative evaluations received instead of grades are attached to your record, all final grades are recorded correctly, and the list of other institutions attended is correct and complete.
One letter of recommendation from either a pre-health advisor or a college professor within your major field of study must be emailed to email@example.com. A high school science or math teacher, or an employer from a health-related field, can also submit a reference on your behalf. Recommendations can also be mailed to the National Program Office. Mailed recommendations must be postmarked no later than February 5th, 2021. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their recommendation is submitted on time.
Letters of recommendation can be submitted in two ways:
- The Recommendation Form; or
- A signed letter of recommendation printed on official institution letterhead. The first page of the Recommendation Form should be included to help match the recommendation to your application.
Please be sure to complete the Applicant Information section of the Recommendation Form before giving it to your advisor or professor.
Status of Application Materials
NOT YET RECEIVED
Document has not yet been received by the National Program Office staff.
RECEIVED AND PROCESSING
Document has been received, but has yet to be uploaded to the application.
RECEIVED AND VERIFIED
Document is deemed official and is uploaded to the application.
Document does not meet SHPEP requirements, and therefore will not be uploaded to the application.