Use the following guidelines to establish whether a military transcript is available. To obtain transcripts:

  • Active duty and reserve personnel should contact the education office at their current duty station.
  • Non-active duty personnel should contact individual schools directly.

It is generally faster to obtain transcripts from the schools than trying to obtain them from the central records office.

Transcripts are available from the following programs:

Air Command and Staff College

Air Force Institute of Technology

Air University

Army Command and General Staff College

Army War College

College of Naval Command and Staff

Community College of the Air Force Defense

Information School Defense Language Institute F.A.E.S. at NIH Joint Military Intelligence College (formerly, Defense Intelligence College)

Marine Corp Institute National Cryptologic School, Fr. George G. Meade, MD

National Defense University

Armed Forces Staff College

Industrial College of the Armed Forces

National War College

Naval Postgraduate School

Naval School of Health Science

Naval War College

Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences

All of the Service Academies

If a transcript is not available from a military school or program directly, U.S. Army active duty enlisted personnel and veterans may obtain an Army/ACE Registry System (AARTS) transcript providing they entered the service on or after October 1, 1981. These transcripts may be obtained by writing to:

AARTS Operations Center

415 McPherson Avenue

Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-1373


Note: This is the only transcript available for courses completed at the U.S. Army Academy of Health Sciences, Fr. Sam Houston, TX.